Friday, September 14, 2007

Prayer and Fasting Equal Weirdness

Last Friday was the Bluegrass Festival at the church. It was a good time of listening to music and hanging with people from the community. About 300 people attended the event. The best part of the evening was watching people enjoy themselves as both the Mona’s dancing up a storm. The highlight of the evening for me was talking to Ralph. Ralph came with his mom, brother, nieces, and nephews. Ralph and I talked at the end of the evening for about an hour. It was exciting because he said that the festival was awesome but what he really wanted to do was come to church. We talked about his spiritual journey and his love for the weights. The cool part of it is that he gets in free at LAC and he can hook a brother up! I did not see him at church on Sunday but knew that there was some sort of seed planted in his heart. Ralph was suppose to give his phone number to Aaron on Monday morning when they walk their kids to school but Aaron did not see him. Anyway, Wednesday rolled around, and Wednesdays are difficult days because I have a lot going on, along with prayer and fasting. After prayer and fasting, a few of us decided that Wednesdays would be a perfect opportunity to pray at Woodland Park. This past Wednesday Abs and I where at the Woodland Park for our time of pray. After a few minutes of being there, Ralph and his family pulled up in their car. Ralph and I talked briefly, and then he gave me his phone number. I thanked God and rejoiced for the opportunity to reconnect with him. Things continued to get weirder as we went to Charlie Browns (we break our fast there every Wednesday). Outside of Charlie Brown’s we met a guy named Kevin. Kevin is an interesting fellow to say the least. We got to talking and he told us about his life journey and asked us to pray for him. Kevin ended up joining us for dinner. We ended up getting his phone number to hang out again. While at Charlie Brown’s Abs and I have developed a relationship with the servers. A large part of this is due to puppy evangelism-that is where Rocky comes in! They allowed us to bring him in the restaurant and brought him a dog bowl. Our waitress was the same as last week. her name is Karianna. Karianna loves Rocky and adores Abs. They got to talking and Karianna gave her phone number to Abs. They are going to Woodland Park on Monday to walk dogs. Also, while I was talking with Kevin, Abs was talking to the young servers. We ended up walking out of the restaurant in awe. However, why should we be so surprised when God answers prayer? This situation has really taught me to walk in expectation. God desires to use us to plant seeds for a lifetime.

No comments: