Tuesday, October 30, 2007

The Small Things

Tonight we hard our monthly prayer meeting for the church plant. We have been meeting at Woodland Park for a time of corporate prayer and then break up into twos to do a prayer walk around the park. I believe this evening was different than our usual prayer meetings. At first I was discouraged that we only had a total of six people show up for this time of prayer. A few months ago it seemed we had over twenty! However something special happened despite us being few in number. A guy that I have been in relationship with over the past few months (we met at Charlie Browns) came to the prayer meeting. I know he believes in God but would not really call himself a devout follower of Christ, in fact he's been out of the church for several years. As we were praying God reminded me of the parable in Luke's Gospel about the lost sheep. Most of us have heard the parable about the shepherd leaving his ninety-nine other sheep to find the one that is lost. The shepherd rejoices when he finds that one sheep that is lost. Tonight, I would have loved it if 30, 40, or even 50 people were there tonight! However, I would not trade tonight for anything in the world because my friend has opened himself up more to God and God's people.

No comments: