Wednesday, June 18, 2008
The Man Who Nicknamed Me, Raz
My conversations with my neighbor Jimmy have been a learning experience. As I get to know him I am starting to see his hunger for God. We have gone out to breakfast and have had some good conversations on his porch. Jimmy hasn’t made it to our dinners yet but has done everything else but come when everybody’s gathered. The other Friday night he stood in his yard, behind the fence and talked with me and a few other guys for about a half hour while enjoying the dessert Alicia had made. A few Fridays before that he came over around 10pm to get some food that Lacy made. Jimmy says that he might never go to church but I told him that he is becoming a part of our church whether he knows it or not. He looked at me and with his country accent said, “you know Raz…I think you might be right.”
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment