God has made it clear for a while now that I was supposed to move close to campus. God spoke to Andrew strongly a few years back and told him that he was going to be used to change this area. God brought us together along with our other roommate Curtis into an intense mission field that has been enemy territory for a long time. Like Joshua back in the Old Testament we too want to claim this land for Christ. The task unfortunately is not easy, it rarely ever is. If it were everybody would do it and no one would think twice about it. This weekend proved to speak very loudly to our household. We had about three instances that were out of the ordinary. The first was around 2:30am on Friday night when a drunken college student tried to barge into our house. He insisted on coming in as Andrew was in the doorway asking him what he thought he was doing. I came out and as soon as the guy saw he was outnumbered he stumbled around in the lawn and then went in circles for while…could have been more than just drinking he was doing. I come home late Saturday night to find someone peeing in my backyard…people isn't even this gusty in my old neighborhood (the '05). Sunday morning Andrew and I walk outside to go the car and our neighbor jimmy stops us. A guy who lives across the street started going crazy. He tried to get into 3-4 houses around his own house. He walked on Jimmy's front porch and started rearranging his patio furniture. In the meantime he was talking to someone next to him that wasn't even there! The guy left Jimmy's house and was talking to a parked car with nobody in it. Needless to say the cops came and took him to the hospital. I have invited the guy and his girlfriend to Friday night dinner before…they really need Jesus. This is exactly where we need to be. I believe God has allowed us to live in this neighborhood for "such a time as this."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment