Monday, October 29, 2007

Why is it so hard to understand?

Maybe I'm naive, don't know what I'm doing, or just plain stupid...okay, i'll admit to some of that. Anyway I don't understand this business of targeting a specific population in starting a new church. I have been asked several times what population I'm targeting or trying to reach. My response has been everyone. I want to reach everyone who doesn't know Jesus. Is that too simple? I think we have complicated a simple thing. Did Jesus target a specific population? It was the poorest of the poor. However, If we are to remember the New Testament meaning of poverty it is not only about financial matters but more importantly the lack of Godly relationships. In a sense, those who do not have Jesus are the poorest of the poor!

2 comments:

Abigail Fields said...

this is one of my favorite blogs that you have written...and so true...

Aaron said...

You need help, man! You're taking Jesus seriously. Don't do that! Be a company man! Get some cool plan, a cool name and throw up a warehouse in the burbs... mega church man, that's where it's at...