Thursday, July 10, 2008
Dinner Conversations
A few weeks ago our Friday night dinner lasted longer than usual. A few people hung out after dinner and stayed till about 11:30pm. The topics varied from humor to more serious talks about Jesus. Some of us in the crowd were faithful Christians, nominal Christians, and atheists. It was the first time in our dinners where people started asking interesting questions about Jesus. Not only people who don’t have faith in Christ but those who have made a commitment but are seeking deeper understanding. I was able to tell the person who is an atheist that I was praying for him and that God is at work in his life. As I was telling him that his ears perked up and I could tell something I said got to him. He asked me why I thought God was at work in his life and it gave me an opportunity to point out blessings but how a community of people has surrounded him in love. The questions raised that night in our circle were tough questions…”how do you know that Jesus is the only way?” or “What makes Christianity right and other religions wrong?” I think these types of questions trouble people, people who even are Christians and it was awesome to have an environment that made people comfortable.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment