Monday, August 11, 2008

Students of Evangelism

Last Sunday night Schloemer and I went to Common Grounds. Lately, when it starts hitting around 8pm I’m usually dead. I’ve been trying to lay off the caffeine lately. Anyway, it’s Schloemer who is starting random “God” conversations at the counter. After commenting on the barista’s tattoo Andrew invited her to our Friday night dinners. They start talking about the church and it turns out her dad is a Methodist pastor in Kentucky. The guy sitting at the bar overhears the conversation and he expresses an interest to get back in church. Another girl comes along and the topic of “church” continued. I stood on the sidelines amazed at what God was doing. I came to Common Grounds exhausted but my spirits were lifted watching Schloemer wreck shop. I told Andrew that he is now an evangelism expert and he can write a book. He is getting on-the-job training, in my opinion the best type to get. It’s awesome to see Andrew’s excitement for people grow more and more. When we came home that evening we were on evangelism high (the best type of high to be on).

No comments: