Sunday after church we had a church plant luncheon. Everything came together quite well. Melissa McDonald did a great job preparing the food for us! Jeni made some gumbo that went over well too. There were about 20-25 people there who were in attendance. It was a brief lunch and talk just because I hate long meetings. I think if you can’t say what you want to say under an hour than your wasting everybody’s time. Anyway, when I looked around the fellowship hall I said that this could be a great start to a church. We are asking for a few different things from the people of the Rock/La Roca UMC. The first is to willingly be sent out as missionaries for the church plant. There are service opportunities in the following areas: being apart of the launch team, Wednesday night Bible study at the Wesley Foundation, Friday Night dinners, and starting small groups for new believers. We also need folks who would be willing to cook and go out to help conduct our community surveys we will be starting in a few weeks.
Aaron and Dillard think it would probably be a great idea to have more of these luncheons and start by targeting specific individuals. We need the Rock to step up, especially our first service presence.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment