Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Prayer Answered: A New Place!

The whole reason for leaving my old house I was living in was to move into the area I am trying to reach for Christ. When I moved into my apartment in December I thought that I was going to be there a full year because that was the terms of the lease What I didn’t know was that we were going to pack out my little one bedroom apartment during our community dinners on Friday evenings. I know that this is a good problem to have, but at the same time it is not conducive to issues of space and proximity. About a month ago I began praying that God would give me a home to move our dinners to. When we pray and ask God for big things deep down in our hearts there may be a little doubt that it can happen. I prayed that prayer numerous times since and just put it in the back of my mind.

About two weeks ago we had a bad rainstorm. The severe storm resulted in my apartment flooding since I am in the basement. I was so frustrated that there were a few inches of standing water in my living room! I called my landlord and she was conveniently in Florida. The water lasted for four days until in went away. I got some fans going and left my windows/doors opened. The smell finally went away but during that time the whole neighborhood could hear Rocky (my boxer pup) crying for me when I would leave the house. The landlord called and left a message notifying me that Rocky needed a muzzle. Before I called her back I prayed that she would let me out of my lease and that I can find a new place. Before I could get that out she told me that she was putting the house on the market the following week. She said it would be no problem at all to get out of my lease! I felt like God finally softened the heart of Pharaoh letting me go☺

The door was now open to look for new housing. I started the discernment process and began praying about buying a house. The process lasted a few days and the Lord led me not to even look at buying a house. I knew I wanted to be in an area closer to Chevy chase/Woodland Park so I began looking for apartments. All the apartments I was looking at didn’t accept dogs. I was faced with a dilemma. Do I give up a pet I love in order to be in the area I want to reach? I was ready to do it if that’s what I was being called to do. A few hours later I talked with my friend bill Hughes, director of UK’s Wesley Foundation. Once again this partnership opened another door. The door opened was renting from the same man, Mr. McGinnis who owns the corner store that we are renting to start a coffee shop. Today I went and spoke with Mr. McGinnis who cut me a great deal on a whole house to rent! Not only is it a whole house for dinners but also it has a fenced in backyard for Rocky. The Lord gives us what we need.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Teclado e Mouse, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://mouse-e-teclado.blogspot.com. A hug.