Wednesday, April 2, 2008
Equipping Youth
I love teaching the youth group. During my prayer time God kept telling me to share my story with the youth. I shared the unedited version and tried to be as real as possible with them. Our newest youth, Jake, who is from Liberia blew me away. When we got into our small group I could tell Jake is totally on fire for God, he lives down the road from me in the Heritage apartments. While in small group Burto and I asked the guys if they were Christians. Jose, one of our youth, who is from the Congo said that he was not a Christian but wanted to become one. We gathered around and prayed for Jose. I asked Jake to lead him in the sinner’s prayer. Jake is in ninth or tenth grade and knew exactly what he was doing. So there in the basement of the church one youth leads another youth to Christ. Praise God! I think Jake could play a role in planting our church.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment