For the past 5 years or so I have been apart of one of the greatest churches in Lexington. God has used The Rock/La Roca UMC to shape me in ways I never expected. The relationships that have formed whether they are with youth, the elderly, Hispanics, or Africans will last a lifetime. I have had people step up and be my family, especially during the last year and half going through a gruesome divorce. I have some people who have stuck by and supported me. During the past two weeks I have felt God calling me in a challenging way. God has been asking me if I am really willing to be “sent out.” I have to admit, leaving the Rock is leaving my comfort zone. I know that the Rock supports me and is my sending agent, however it is still a difficult process. If I’m not willing to go across town than how can I be willing to go across the world?
I will miss many things at the Rock but I know that being obedient to God, even as scary will be worth it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment