Saturday, May 24, 2008

Starbucks In The Park

My life is filled with more than just bland chicken breast and canned tuna but also Starbucks Iced Coffee! I knew that Great Harvest Bread is hard to turn down when conducting our evangelism surveys but I thought an added thing, like free Starbucks would be helpful. Peter White has the hook up at Starbucks and since it is my second home (the manager, Laura, sees me 4-5 times a weeks) I thought we had a good chance of getting a good deal on drinks. Peter put in the order for us wit getting iced coffee for our day at Woodland Park. Peter told me that instead of paying full price they would give it to us for half price. I was thrilled! Surprisingly when I went to pay the barista today she told me not to worry about it. The manager donated 80 cups of iced coffee, half/half, syrups, and cups for free! I was blown away. We didn’t know what we were getting ourselves into today. I told Brady, Alicia, Lacy, and Ron that this is an experiment. We went out there, started off in prayer and developed a game plan. The funny thing it is pretty cool how plans change while your playing the game. We took turns “manning” the table and going out in pairs to engage the people. We met several people today and had a few significant conversations. After about two and half hours at the park. I wanted to thank the group by going out for ice cream. We piled in Alicia’s car and took of for Graeters. After our trip to Graeters the team was ready to do more visits! I was praising God for people who are willing to get out and do the work of evangelism.

1 comment:

Peter said...

This is awesome. We were definitely thinking about you all yesterday.