Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Gym Connections Pay Off Again

Last night was awesome, our first day of doing bread evangelism. I felt I was going all day yesterday and didn’t have time to eat. For someone who eats every two hours this is not a good feeling! I hooked up with my friend Robert who I met in the gym a few months ago to train. Robert is not a churchgoer but it doesn’t bother him to hang out with a “minister” as he calls me (I know, it sounds weird, freaks me out too!). When I picked him up to hang out he noticed all the bread in my little Acura. He asked me what the deal was with all that bread. I told him what the plan was and he asked me if I needed help. My jaw dropped open. Here’s a guy who doesn’t to church, not really a believer, want to help me with this evangelism project! I told him that it would be great, and I could really use his help. After I got done hanging out with Robert I checked a voicemail message and it was from Jason Dillard. Jason said that he was praying for the evening and asked God if people would come to help that we didn’t expect to be there. I called Jason back and thanked him for praying. We can’t be surprised when God answers our prayers!

No comments: