Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Big Day


My thoughts have still been racing in my head since Sunday. My team was ready to kick tail early that morning. Gentry, Scott, and Brady picked up the horse trough and spent a lot of time filling it. Everybody else had everything under control. As time got closer to service I did my walk down to Phoenix Park with Scott and Lacy. We invited our homeless friends to come. One woman, Anna, was hesitant because she didn't want to leave her cart. I didn't blame her because I wouldn't leave all my belongings out in the middle of nowhere. I really wanted her to come so she let me push it down the street. Lacy walked with her while I walked ahead with the cart. I never in my whole life imaged I would be pushing a cart filled with a woman's belonging down main st! However this is the call and now I embrace it. It's funny because one week I'm enjoying a meal downtown at an established restaurant and the next week I'm walking in the opposite direction.

As the service started you could feel the energy in the room. The Holy Spirit brought so many different groups of people together. The worship in song was awesome. Brady gave his testimony and it went wonderfully with the sermon. 2 people made decisions to follow Jesus and our friend Sierra was baptized in a horse trough! It was a special time and probably the first of many baptisms in the Kentucky Theatre.

After service people hung around for a while and about 50 of us went to lunch. Lunch was hosted at Lexington's first non alcoholic bar, "bar none." We are grateful for all God has done so far and look forward to the future.

No comments: