When God started to give us the vision for planting Embrace Church we were faced with a few questions. The first was where were we going to meet on Sunday mornings and what was it going to look like? Our decision for meeting in the Kentucky Theatre wasn't to be cool or different. I literally looked for space all over town including schools, bars, and storefronts but every door was slammed shut. However God had other plans and we are thankful that He did! My friend suggested we ask the Kentucky Theatre for space. I was reluctant to ask because I wasn't sure if I even wanted it and if I did would they even want us. God had other plans and when I talked with the Theatre manager the door was opened so we walked through it.
The next question was what would are worship look like on Sunday mornings? I knew that keepin it simple was what we needed to do. There are plenty of churches who do the rock concerts, skits, and other segments very well. We needed to be different. We wanted to do the opposite and look like the early church in our worship. We call are worship style, "ancient future." I take the time to explain each thing we do in our service with the central act of our worship being Holy Communion. Our services are rather short and the best part is you can wear anything you want. So far our congregation is made up of fairly different people which is what I believe is the true reflection of the kingdom of God. Come and check us out to get a taste for what we do on 9.13.09
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment