This past Saturday 8 people from embrace went to the Celebrate Recovery training at Southland Christian Church. Celebrate Recovery is spreading churches by storm encouraging Christ-centered recovery for hurts, hang-ups, and addictions. Many of the people that are coming to Embrace deal with some sort of addiction. If you think about it we are all addicts, we are addicted to sin. CR does not only deal with chemical/alcohol addiction but a whole host of other problems such as insecurities, fear, anxiety, and food addictions. We are hoping to start a pilot group soon to help believers overcome some of the things that hold us back. I think that I would encourage all the people in at Embrace to be involved in CR or work through the steps. I see first hand how addictions affect a person's day-to-day life. People in our communities are slowly killing themselves physically and spiritually. Unfortunately this includes believers who love God as well. Our desire to be an authentic community means to be open with others and share our joys and struggles.
--
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment