Monday, March 17, 2008

A Congregation Reproducing Congregations

Yesterday was one of the best days I have experienced in a long time. My boy Ryan Standish, a guy from our church plant was baptized and made a commitment to follow Jesus. Later on that evening Ryan Ellis, Ryan Standish, Andrew Scholemer and myself hooked up with another crew in Cincy. We went to experience the 14 stations of the Cross but with a more artsy feel behind it. It was a powerful experience for all of us. Ryan Ellis admitted that he did not know what exactly to expect. As we were driving back to Kentucky we decided to grab a bite to eat. So as we were sitting at Subway I looked at the three guys and told them that I will pray all three would plant churches that would plant churches. They were excited at the possibilities that God could bring to us. At every meeting and gathering we have for the church plant I want to emphasis that we are a congregation that will reproduce congregations all over the state of KY, the whole U.S., and around the world. I am not merely content with having a large church but having one that is willing to send people out to start over and expand the Kingdom of God.

2 comments:

DGH said...

You need to read Organic Church by Niel Cole. That will get you excited, heh.

the roz said...

thanks bro, i will check it out and give you a call soon!