I joke around and say that instead of having one office I have three offices, Starbucks, Common Grounds, and the UK Wesley Foundation. A few weeks ago I met a gentleman, let’s call him R. R is always hanging out at the Starbucks. I introduced myself to him and gave him my card in passing. Well what I thought was going to be the “day off” was instead a divine “interruption” as June Tunstil likes to call it. R decided to call me this afternoon asking me if I could help him out with something. I was not able to pay much attention to what he was saying because as I answered the phone Rocky escaped. I tricked Rocky to come back inside by shaking a bowl full of puppy chow. I told R that I would meet him at Starbucks at 2pm. Needless to say we ended up hanging out till 9pm. After I helped R out with something I told him that I want to meet with him on a weekly basis and that his spiritual life was very important to me. R ended up rolling with me to The Rock’s Good Friday service and then to the church plant’s community dinner.
What I thought was going to be a low-key night (I ordered pizza for my turn to cook) turned into more divine “interruptions.” I did not expect 16 people to show up to my little crib and both Ryan Ellis and Standish give their testimonies! Ryan Standish is going to give his testimony this weekend at church. The tight space poses a good problem to have. Ryan Standish may possibly move into the upstairs apartment which can provide another place to expand our dinners, along with the Dillard’s’ apartment as well. It is our dream to have a few houses for community living.
Later in the evening we went to Common Grounds where I met Adrea and Alex. I introduced myself to them and told them I was starting a church in the area. They live close to where I do. After a few minutes Adrea surprised me by giving her card to me. Adrea told me that she is a worship leader and recording artist. She would love to help out in some capacity. Andrew and I looked at each other with our mouths wide open. What is God doing?
Please continue to pray that God would bring us more unbelievers, more places for dinners, a big, big house, and a place for worship.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment