Thursday, March 13, 2008

Following His Steps

I have always enjoyed praying while on long car rides.  It's something I actually look forward to.  Prior to praying I listen to my NLT on CD.  I was praying about this weekend but then was prompted to pray for the rest of my day today.  Shortly after praying I received a phone call from a guy I met in the gym over a year ago.  Muhammad and I talked about getting coffee together but I had failed to hear back from him after I tried calling a few times a couple of weeks ago.  Out of the blue he decided to call me.  We are having coffee tomorrow morning and I ask that you all would keep us in your prayers.

I got a late start in the gym this evening.  I hate lifting at night because Ryan and I have gotten so use to training in the mornings.  As I was finishing up my leg workout I struck up a conversation with a young African American man by the name of Rob.  I told Rob I was starting a church.  He thought that it was pretty cool.  I asked him if he attended anywhere regularly but said he did not.  For some reason I told him I was training for a bodybuilding show.  Come to find out he is very interested in getting involved with the sport.  I told him that I could give him some pointers to get started since I am a beginner myself.  Rob was excited and gave me his phone number.  I love meeting people in the gym!  When I tell them I'm a pastor they think I'm not telling the truth.  In fact I have had to convince a few new friends that I was not an undercover cop as they suspectedJ

This evening I was taking Rocky out to the bathroom when my neighbor asked me what breed he was.  I told her Rocky was a boxer and that he loves people…all people even if they don't like him.  Anyway as she was petting him I told her about the community dinners at my house.  She thought it was a good idea and said that she would have to stop by sometime but for the next couple of weeks she was going to New York.  I told her that I was from New York and she was surprised.  It turns out she use to live a few hours from me in Western New York. 

No comments: