Thursday, March 27, 2008

Resurrection Power

Easter Sunday was awesome. We had five of our guys show up to the Rock who have had some connection with our Friday night dinners. The Lord is really moving and it is exciting to see what is taking place. Ryan Standish was supposed to give his testimony in the first and second services. Ryan ended up sleeping through the first service and I called Schloemer between services to shake him until he woke up. Ryan gets to church in a daze with circles under his eyes (they been working him hard at Amazon and we stayed up late the night before). I pull him into the choir room and fix him a cup of coffee. At this point Dillard and I are worried because he looks like he had not woken up yet. We talk to him a few minutes and then he gets into the sanctuary. At that moment he taught me something I will never forget. In front of everybody and as genuine as he is, he kneels down to the altar to pray for God’s presence to help him. Aaron turns to me and says, “He’s teaching us all something, isn’t he?” When Ryan got up to speak he did an amazing job. I am glad to see the Rock embrace him. Ryan and I are so different and it’s amazing that he is becoming one of my best friends.

Monday night our church planting launch team hosted a dinner at the UK Wesley Foundation. I am thankful for such a hardworking team with Lacy, the Dillards, and Schloemer. We prepared food for about 50-70 people. I have been feeling run down quite a bit with moving non-stop. Everything is catching up to me. I woke up Sunday morning really dizzy and light headed. I felt like I was going to back out of speaking Monday night to the college students but my boy Jason encouraged me to press on and Ryan Standish said a prayer for me. When I got up to speak I felt the power of the Spirit and felt like the students really related to what I was saying as I shared my faith journey. One guy I met named Thorin related to me quite a bit. Thorin did not grow up in the church and has recently come to believe in Jesus. He has found a community who has discipled him. Thorin was once rough around the edges. We are going to hook up for lunch at some point next week.

Immediately after speaking I passed out for about 13 hours on my couch. Before I passed out Ryan Standish told me that he was feeling like he wanted to share his testimony at the Wesley Foundation. I feel as though he is one of my circuit riders.

I felt as if God was saying after Monday night no more running yourself thin. I am definitely scheduling a retreat time for next week.

1 comment:

DGH said...

Woah! Dang dude! 13 hrs?! Man! Glad you took a break, but I hope next time you will sense it coming instead of God forcing your body to do it for you. Praying for yall!