One of the things I look forward to when the weather's beautiful is a prayer walk. Since today was a nice day I decided to take time to pray while I was walking Rocky or when he was walking me:-) I bet during Jesus' ministry he did a lot of prayer walking, especially on his long journeys. I prayed specifically that God would grant me divine appointments when I approached Woodland Park. When I arrived at the park I was focusing on keeping Rocky from all the little kids and adults. Rocky thinks that everybody loves him and wants to play. When joggers run by he wants to go after them and ends up pulling me with him down the street. Anyway as I was trying to get Rocky straightened out I heard somebody attempting to get my attention. I looked over and to my surprise it was a gentleman I met at our churches family fun night last summer. Ralph was at the park with his kids and mom. I told him I was starting a church and he was interested in hanging out sometime. As soon as I got his number Rocky jumped in his lap. Even though Rocky is 7 months old and weighing in at 50 pounds he doesn't know that he's not suppose to be a lap dog. After my encounter with Ralph I kept walking and 5 seconds later I saw another guy I recognized by the name of Shawn. A few months back when the weather was warm the Gallahers and I went to play basketball at Woodland Park. While we were playing I met Shawn. Shawn surprisingly remembered who I was and asked me how the new church was coming along. I told him that he needed to come sometime to the Friday night dinners and got his phone number.
The more I continue in this work the more I am amazed at God's hand. His mark is all over this thing and it is starting to bear fruit. Unfortunately it has not been always like this. For the first six months I wanted to quit maybe 10 times a day! I think the difference is that my faith has increased and my focus has been more centered than it has in my whole life. I have been through a rough year and have faced many obstacles but through it all God has been faithful. Anybody in there right mind would have quit, moved out of the Rock UMC, and probably out of the state of KY. I can't say that it was not a temptation. I was also faced with many discouraging voices telling me that this may not be the time to plant a church. God's plan and call has not changed. I praise God for friends, mentors, and a church family who has stood next to me. To God be the Glory!


1 comment:
Post a Comment