Saturday, March 29, 2008

Great Lengths

I thought Friday night was going to be a pretty low-key night because I was sick all week long. I could not get out and do as much visits as I wanted to do. Before dinner the Lord brought me to read for the third time in the week Mark Chapter 2 where the paralyzed man was carried on a mat by his friends to see Jesus. I read it not thinking much but knew it was something that the Lord was stirring in my heart. I was surprised when we had 16 come to dinner! It seems as if we are bringing different people every week. Ryan Standish is already inviting people and bringing them to the dinner. New converts make the best evangelist because they are not afraid to share their faith. Before we prayed over the meal I shared the story of the paralyzed man. After all I had 16 people in a tight space. I asked them how many more could we fit if Jesus was teaching us and what would we do with the masses waiting outside? Out of desperation and love for their paralyzed friend, the men cut a hole in the roof to lower him into the house. I told the group that we must be willing to go to great lengths to bring each other to Jesus. Our church exist for the broken hearted and wounded because that’s what I am.

4 comments:

Aaron said...

I can't wait to see the great lengths we go to!

DGH said...

Ditto Aaron!

Tom ta tum Tom said...

Precious Brother, I certainly expect that you're ahead of me in all the thinking/planning that you're doing for the Planted Church but I just have to ask anyway: are there other UMC's in Fayette Co. that you're engaging on behalf of the mission of evangelism that this wonderful congregation will be representing? I was delighted to hear you speak of reaching out to the lost through the church plant and I could not agree more with that focus. So, my question: "Don't you expect that the Crossroad UMC and Centenary and St. Andrews and St. Luke will want to be a part of this?" Have you already asked them? Years ago, my experience with the precious people of St. Luke's UMC was especially warm and I think you already know about the wonderful folks of First Church and Centenary. If you haven't already, please give them a chance. They may only be waiting to be asked. THANKS, Roz-Mon! May Jesus Christ Be Praised!!

the roz said...

Brother Tom, You are absolutely right! I will be speaking at First Church at the end of this month communicating to them what we are trying to do and asking for missionaries to come aboard. I need to hit up more of our UMC churches. This will be my task for the next few weeks.